Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Way Cool

Thanks Jay for setting this up, we can use this site for continuing discussions when we run out of meeting time, for any kind of conversation or article,book,etc.. any member thinks would be of interest, for posting pictures or for staying in touch when we are travelling, whatever. We just want to see the conversation remain civil and hopefully focused on the "project" to which we are all committed.

As a board member I just want to say thatI believe our re-organization of late ( no paid staff, no office rent, membership based funding, etc) will make us a more authentic organization. Authentic in the sense that we don't have to tailor our programs or even ideology to fit the moderate views of foundation donors, we can fight for the kind of change these large entities are uncomfortable with. This deep change is of course what the times call for, it is the historical mission of all who realize the gross inequity built into our social, political and economic systems.(this is Dave,by the way)

3 comments:

foxy vegan said...

I think this is great way to keep us updated on what's happening with CAJA. love it. Good job.

CAJA said...

Foxy vegan,

Thanks for the feedback. We really hope this blog will inspire some much needed dialogue about issues close to our hearts.

Unknown said...

I’m impressed, I need to say. Really not often do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you have got hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the difficulty is something that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something referring to this.